Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Oath of the Vayuputras by Amish

Absolute let down!!

After having devoured Immortals of Meluha and The Secret of Nagas I was eagerly awaiting The Oath of the Vayuputras by Amish.

I had preordered the copy and was ticking off days until the book reached me. As such you can imagine my heartbreak when the book turned out to be a lame and listless conclusion to the explosive Trilogy.

In this book, I was expecting Shiva- having gathered all the information he needed- to emerge on the world stage as the- Mahadev- the super god! I was expecting the introduction of the Vayuputra's to be some kind of critical revelation to the plot that would be detrimental to the climax. I was expecting Shiva to be far more proactive and far less vulnerable then he had so far been. I was expecting the climax to live up to the hype that the prequels had built up!

Alas... none of the above happened!! 


It was unbelievable how the trajectory of the thrill just kept on falling as the end approached. A cloud of doom enveloped the narrative and all the combative spirit simply trickled out, leaving a dull and morose end to what could have been an explosive parting shot.

Ah! Disappointed.

No comments: